Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

30 Things my kids should know about me - Day 1



After seeing a few other lovely women in the blog world making these lists, I decided to jump on the bandwagon as well. I'm always looking for questions that make me think about my life and I think this list will help with that, as well as giving my kids some information about myself. You can check out the list over here and I will try my hardest to do one of these every single day.



Day 1: List 20 random facts about yourself.


1. Even though I took 3 years of Spanish during high school, I hardly remember any of it. I would like to work on this seeing as how many of my in laws speak only Spanish and it would be very beneficial for my kids to learn it as well.

2. I used to pride myself on having an excellent memory. Since having a toddler and being pregnant, I'm lucky if I remember to take the trash out. And it seems to be getting worse by the day.

3. I'm deathly afraid of deep water. It took a lot for me to be able to go snorkeling when we went to Maui a few years ago. I highly doubt that I would ever be able to try scuba diving because I would have a full blown panic attack.

4. I can be a total cheapskate when it comes to certain things, but if I want something that is a bit more expensive and better quality I will definitely splurge.

5. I love being a stay at home mom, but I do often think about the possibility of going back to work. I tend to go a bit stir crazy being home and not keeping myself as occupied as I could be.

6. I have recently become obsessed with paying off all of our debt. This technically should have been a priority a long time ago, but I guess better late than never. My goal is to be completely credit card free by the end of the year, and to attack our car so it will be done sooner than later. (This may be a whole other post sometime soon...)



7. I love to read but I find that I don't actually sit down with a good book as much as I would like to. I imagine this is only going to get more difficult once little man joins our family. 

8. I have dreams of one day travelling all over the world with my husband and our kids. I feel like I didn't travel nearly as much as I should have when I was a kid, and I think it's a crucial thing for my kids to see how life is all over the world and to experience different cultures.

9. I am terrible at math. Like absolutely terrible. I tried avoiding it as much as possible when I was in school, but that only made it that much more of a challenge when I was actually required to take it.

Funny Cry for Help Ecard: MATH= Mental Abuse Towards Humans.


10. I love using coupons when I am able to, and I wish I could understand how those extreme couponers actually do what they do. I wouldn't have anywhere to stockpile stuff, but who doesn't like getting things for cheap or for free?

11. I tend to get frustrated more easily than I should. This is something that I am constantly working on.

12. I have an addiction to coca cola. Not anywhere near as bad as this lady but I do enjoy soda. I have cut back quite a bit with being pregnant and everything. But if I do try and stop completely cold turkey, I will get a severe migraine.

13. I'm totally obsessed with Pinterest. I wish that I had been able to use it to help plan my wedding in 2007, but I guess that just means I need to convince the husband that we should renew our vows ;)

14. To do lists are my favorite. Actually, making lists in general. And they have to be handwritten where you actually check off when you do things. I just can't get into the whole digital to do list thing.

15. I do not enjoy cooking. I wish I could be one of those women who love spending time in the kitchen and trying out new recipes, but it was never something that I found enjoyable. Luckily I have a husband who is an awesome cook.

16. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't take more photos during my junior high and high school years. Looking back now, I would have loved to have had those to show my kids. Definitely took that for granted.


(Don't judge. You know you all took these mall pictures when you were in high school)


17. I am totally not a morning person. I'm a complete night owl, but I am trying to change this. My daughter is the same way that I am. I'm curious as to how little man is going to be once he gets here.

18. I taught myself how to play the piano when I was 7 years old. I wish that I had actually taken up my mom's offer of getting piano lessons, but I was too stubborn. (Still am actually...)

19. The biggest turn off for me (in anyone, not just men) is someone who smokes. In my teenage years and after high school, I dated a few different guys who did smoke. As I've gotten older I have realized how much I really dislike it. I think it also has to do with being a mom and not wanting my kids to have to suffer from secondhand smoke. The people who do it wherever they want, whenever they want are what bother me.

20. If I could have my life be like any television show it would have to be How I Met Your Mother. I would kill to have the bond that all of them do and go on some of their adventures. And let's be honest. Having Barney as a friend? Would be legendary ;)

How I Met Your Mother







1 comment:

  1. Legend- wait for it!- DARY! Legendary!

    Ahhhh, I love how I met your mother. Best show ever.

    ReplyDelete