Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

About your daddy and me.




Day 3: Describe your relationship with your spouse.


(Your daddy and I on our 5 year wedding anniversary)




Dear Kids,


This is the story about how I met your father ;)


I always find it hard to put into words exactly how to describe our relationship. At this moment, we have now been married for a little over 5 years and 3 months and it has been one heck of an amazing journey. To make a long story short, your daddy came into my life when I was going through a bit of a trying time. I had made a few different mistakes and was dealing with the consequences of them, and was quite unsure of where I saw my future heading. I hadn't been making the best decisions for myself (thank you stubbornness) and had reached a point where I wasn't truly thinking about how my actions were affecting others around me. Then I met your father and within a matter of months my whole life was completely different. We dated for a short period of time, got engaged, and shortly after got married and have never looked back. Should we have dated for a longer period of time before getting married? Probably. Do I regret it now? Not at all. I have learned so much about my husband, life, and mostly myself over the past 5 years. Things have not always been easy and I think that's the way things need to be in life. Because it's realistic. Nothing ever goes completely smoothly...and even if it did, what fun would that be? Life is about growing and learning, and with marriage you learn to do those things together. We have had so many wonderful times and hearty laughs throughout the years, and I know that at the end of the day I can always count on him. And seeing how much he loves Amelia (and Ben soon enough) absolutely melts my heart. Not every man is fit to be a good dad for whatever reason, but your dad is one of a kind. Our dads were not as active in our lives when we were kids as we would have liked, and I think that is part of the reason why your dad wants to be so involved with you. So he doesn't ever miss a thing. And I am right there with him. Your dad truly is a great man and my best friend, and we are all very lucky to have him in our lives. 



Love,
Mommy =)



(Our wedding day. November 3, 2007)



(One of the many concerts we used to go to before babies came along)



(The proudest dad in the whole world with Amelia)


(When our princess turned 1)


(Trip to Chicago - June 2012)


(Trip to the zoo)



Now we just need baby Ben to be here to add to the thousands of photos we have ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment