Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Highlights of 2012



With the end of 2012 drawing near, I began to think about all of the different things that have happened in the last 365(ish) days. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was celebrating the beginning of the year with my husband, our good friends Marie and Greg, and watching the boys set off fireworks. And now that 2013 is right around the corner it will be time to do it all over again. So let's take a look back, shall we?


2012 in review...


-We watched two of our good friends Kristen and Steven say "I do" in February at their gorgeous wedding.




- We took a spur of the moment trip to San Diego to see my sister in law for a few days, and got to go to the San Diego Zoo and Seaworld.



- I crossed off a few goals on my bucket list including visiting the Museum of Death in Hollywood, and flying in my first ever helicopter ride.




- We took a week long trip to Chicago which was a first for all three of us. We did lots of different things there, including some more of my bucket list items like seeing a game at Wrigley and also visiting the Sears Tower.




- I graduated with my AA degree in Paralegal Studies, which I really couldn't have done without the support of my family and my amazing husband.



- My beautiful and adorable nephew was born in June, and I'm so happy that I was able to be there to see him shortly after he arrived. I'm a pretty lucky auntie =)




- Ran in the Color Run in San Francisco, which also included the munchkin looking quite colorful in her stroller. 




- Spent my birthday in Monterey with the husband, which was also our first ever overnight away from Amelia. Luckily she did extremely well!



- Amelia had her Mickey Mouse themed 2nd birthday party with lots of goodies, family, and friends.




- Had my husband receive an awesome birthday surprise of finding out that we are pregnant with #2!




- Celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary by having a nice night out at a fancy restaurant.




- Took another spur of the moment trip to Disneyland.




- Found out that baby number two is definitely a boy!





I'm sure there is more that I missed but these were definitely some of the highlights of our year. Even though there were a few bad points, I would say for the most part that we had a pretty awesome year and that I am very lucky with the life that I have. I'm working on figuring out all the things that I want to accomplish in 2013, for myself and as well as for my little family. I've got some big ideas and some big dreams that we are working on, and I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for us. 









2 comments:

  1. I was just think of the boys lighting fire works today! So crazy! Tahoe for New Years? If not we must keep up with the tradition of New Years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING INSPIRATION in this post:) your blog is awesome.

    If you want some cute Swedish bedroom inspiration..you can check out my blog:)

    happy new year dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete