Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Music that triggers memories...


"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." ~ unknown.



One television show that I never miss is The Voice, and this season has been no exception. They are currently down to the final four and I have to say that they have some of my favorite contestants competing. While watching last nights episode a girl named Cassadee Pope did her own rendition of "Stupid Boy" by Keith Urban, that literally had me in tears. I have no clue how it happened but I completely lost it....not to mention pregnancy hormones making me THAT much more emotional these days. Hearing her sing it brought me back to when I was a carefree 18 year old with quite a few less responsibilities and much more free time to explore the world. It reminded me of how I felt during so many of those sleepless nights filled with some of the deepest conversations I've ever had, with people that I don't get to talk to as much anymore. It made me think about how fun it is to be spontaneous (which is much easier to do when you do not have children) and how you can just pick up and go whenever you please. It made me think about what my hopes and dreams are for my own children, and how I want to help push and support them to follow all of their goals and dreams as they get older and grow into adults. Life is filled with so many crazy emotions and I want my children to experience all of them. Even the ones that aren't necessarily fun to feel. They need to feel happiness and excitement as well as sadness and hurt, because those emotions are what remind you that you are alive....just like this song reminded me last night. 



And in case you don't watch the show or missed last night's episode, I have included the clip below so you can see what I'm talking about.  =)











3 comments:

  1. I love Cassadee Pope! She's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is quite magical isn't it! Her cover is really special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, this girl has some serious talent - I love her voice and this cover!

    ReplyDelete