Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

One thing.


So I found this while browsing through some other blogs and happened to stumble upon Casey's. It seemed like a fun idea while thinking about things you might want to accomplish in the next year, or just things you might want in general. 


Motivation


One thing I will learn: To manage our finances better and actually try to set up a budget for our household. This is proving to be a much harder task than I originally though due to the husband being self employed.

One place I will go: Mexico in 8 days! So excited to have a fun little getaway before little man arrives in May =)

One physical habit I will break: Being inactive and kind of lazy. It's a bit hard between the pregnancy and constantly being tired, as well as chasing after a 2 1/2 year old little girl, I hardly ever have any energy to get anything done. I'm lucky if I can just keep the house clean. But I need to start working more on my exercise and making it happen more frequently.

One physical habit I will cultivate: This would tie in to the working out and being physically active a bit more, but I would also add actually going out and doing more things. The lack of energy has put me in a bit of a slump but just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't still go out and do things. Sure rock climbing might be out of the question, but going on hikes and bike rides are something that I can work with.

One mental habit I will break: Over-stressing/worrying. I have been like this my whole life and I tend to worry more than I should.

One relationship I’ll repair: I think it's more about strengthening my current relationships and not so much about repairing them. I feel like I need to work on making more of an effort of actually seeing people, and vice versa. 


One work habit I will change: Since I'm currently not employed and the biggest job I have right now is being a mom, I would say that I want to work on being better about finding new things for Amelia to do and enjoy, and getting her as much social time with other kids as I can.

One thing I’ll throw out: Everything that I possibly can get rid of. This morning alone I decided to start cleaning out things like the munchkins toy box and what not, and I filled up three garbage bags full of garbage, and I have three bags of clothes and toys to donate. Not to mention I still have a ways to go.


One thing I’ll eat more often: Home cooked food. Not only is it healthier for you, but it is also quite a bit cheaper. Now I just need to learn to like cooking and I'll be all set!

One thing I’ll eat less: Candy and food that we don't cook.

One thing I’ll drink more: Water for sure.

One thing I’ll drink lessSODA. We have a love/hate relationship.

One resentment I’ll get over: I would have to say being annoyed with people who don't really make an effort when it comes to our friendship. This does also apply to family. I feel like I get angry far too much when people don't try as hard to spend time with me, so I am going to focus more on the people who actually do make the effort. What good does holding a grudge really do anyways?


One person I’ll treat more respectfully: My husband.  I try to do this anyways but sometimes we can pick on each other a bit too much, and I don't think that is setting the best example for our kids. Especially since Amelia is at an age where she copies everything we do and repeats things we say. So I am going to be working on improving our relationship even more and trying to show my husband how much I really do appreciate him.

One thing I’ll spend less money on: Eating out and shopping. The shopping this is easier I think because the tiredness that comes with being pregnant means I have absolutely no desire to cook. One of my resolutions for sure.

One other change I’ll make in my finances: To save as much as we possibly can this year to put towards our down payment/renovation fund, as well as paying off as much debt as possible. I originally said that I want to pay off at least $5000 towards all of the debt we owe (credit cards, car, student loan, etc...) but if I could pay off more I would be absolutely delighted.

One thing I’ll spend less time doing: Complaining. I have been doing a lot better but sometimes I get into these little funks where things just bother me. I'm hoping to avoid that as much as possible. 







No comments:

Post a Comment