Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My hunt for Missoni


Even though the Missoni for Target line was released awhile back, I never actually got the chance to purchase any of the wonderful items. I was eyeing a few different items but by the time I got to my closest Target it was all sold out, except for a few children's items. And let's be honest, I don't think the kids clothing would look that fabulous on me. And then one day I decided to browse Pinterest and came across this lovely little outfit inspiration.


Absolutely need to get this sweater

So I went on the hunt to find this beautiful sweater. I checked my store and had no luck there, and when I asked one of the associates they looked at me like I was nuts. So I went to Target's website and found the sweater...only to find out it was completely sold out in pretty much every size. So what's a girl to do?

Go to Ebay!


So I type in Missoni sweater in my size and low and behold, there it is! It cost a little more than what it did in the store but I decided it was worth it. I read that a lot of people went to Target when Missoni launched and just grabbed as many items as they could, so they could resell it on places like Craigslist and Ebay for twice as much. Luckily for me, the sweater was only marked up an additional $10 over the normal cost. I bought it and a few days later this beauty came in the mail!





And of course my little lovebug is quite the camera lover so she had to be in a few photos...


Gotta love her little teeth =)



Breakdown!

Missoni sweater:   Ebay - $65.00 (after shipping)
Black tank top:   Love Culture -  $5.00
Stone Mountain purse:   Marshalls - $15.00
Skinny jeans:   Forever 21 - $10.50
Tan boots:   Cathy Jean - Can't remember the price. Whoops!

Total cost: $95.50
Not including the boots because I cannot remember for the life of me how much they cost.

Have you ever seen a piece of clothing that you absolutely could not live without, and you had to hunt to find it? I would love to hear your stories! I hope I'm not the only one who gets obsessed with certain items =)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful found!! The sweater looks amazing on you and your daughter is too cute!! I've been searching for a dress on ebay...no luck yet. So your story is inspiring. I'll keep looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Which dress are you specifically looking for? I can keep my eye out for ya ;)

      Delete
  2. YAY, you gotta love when a craving is satisfied!! It look super cute on you. :)

    I'm so glad that Lindsey over at the Bargain Blonde introduced all of us to you. I love her blog & I have no doubt that I will love yours as well!

    We'd love for you to visit our blog sometime! Drop us a comment to say "hi" if you do!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I will definitely come stop by and say hi! I love reading new blogs =)

      Delete