Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Time for baby #2!

Seeing as how I have not updated in quite some time, I thought one of the perfect ways to start writing again would be talking about our next little addition! So I guess it's time to backtrack and start at the beginning...

In the past 6 months, Victor kept making jokes about how it was time for our daughter to have a playmate and that we should have another baby. Most of the time it was him making jokes, but at the same time you could tell he was also being serious. I really hadn't given it much thought because I still thought Amelia might be too young and that we should wait a little bit longer. Clearly God had other plans in mind....

I like to call this next bundle of joy my "birthday baby" because of the time when the baby was conceived (sorry TMI.) My birthday was August 4th and by the time Victors birthday (September 9) rolled around, I was already getting positive pregnancy tests. One of the downsides of the positive tests? I found out when I was about 4 weeks pregnant. While I was excited I was also very nervous. As someone who has had a miscarriage before, pregnancy truly does terrify me because there are so many "what ifs." All I wanted was for the next few weeks to go by so I could finally get an ultrasound to see a heartbeat. We finally had the ultrasound when I was 7 weeks along and low and behold there was the beautiful heartbeat that we were looking for! It helped to put my mind at ease a bit so now all I was hoping for was to make it safely out of the first trimester.

Weeks went by and we finally hit 12 weeks. In the few weeks before the trimester ended, we had another ultrasound at my new doctors office and they confirmed that the baby was growing healthy and exactly as it should be. So far, everything has been going good and we are at 13 weeks now! I feel like time is going much slower with this pregnancy, but I also think it has something to do with the excitement of finding out what we are having. We have a 3d ultrasound scheduled for the 24th of this month to find out whether we will be having a little boy (lets hope!) or another little girl. Either one will be a happy addition to our family. I just think Victor would like a boy so that he isn't surrounded by only girls. 

Amelia truly has no clue what is coming. We talk to her daily about a new baby coming but I'm pretty sure she has no idea what we are talking about. She loves babies and I know she is going to be a great big sister. She is always so helpful with her baby cousin Kayden and anytime she sees a baby she wants to smother them with love. We are all so excited and can't wait for the next months to go by so we can meet our new bundle of joy this coming May.

Amelia also had the very important job of announcing to our friends and family that we were pregnant. I wanted to try to have her do it in a cute way so this is what we came up with.







How far along? 13 Weeks
Total weight gain: up None. I actually lost weight initially
Maternity clothes? None at all
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep: Ehh, mostly not so good. I toss and turn a lot and find it hard to get comfortable. Clearly that is only going to get worse ;)
Best moment this week: Getting closer to finding out the sex, and having the "morning" sickness ease up a bit.

Miss Anything? Having more energy and getting things done. I find that I'm just so tired yet have such a hard time actually sleeping. I'm hoping that the energy will pick up soon, seeing as how caffeine isn't much of an option.

Movement: While I probably sound crazy, I swear that if I am laying on my back I can feel a slight movement every once in a while. With Amelia I didn't feel anything til around 16 weeks or so. Maybe this is a big baby?
Food cravings: Burritos! And Jack in the Box tacos yesterday for some reason. Funny seeing as how I hardly ever get those.
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of certain things like peanut butter.
Gender: Hoping for a boy, but will be happy either way =)

Labor Signs: Definitely not. 
Symptoms: Just the constant tired feeling and the nausea. Let's pray those go away soon
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Moody for sure. There have been good days and bad days. 
Looking forward to: Ultrasound day so we can finally put a name to this little munchkin =)



And even though I am not really showing at all yet, I do have the pregnancy stickers to document the process. So here is a photo from last week =)


2 comments: